Friday, January 22, 2016

Stuff We Don't Buy // Part 6

6. Memberships



We had a Costco membership gifted to us as a wedding present (thanks Court!) but the way we shop has changed due to me being pregnant. We live up three flights of stairs so my husband has been kind enough to give up weekend time to tag along for grocery shopping so he can help me carry the groceries. The last place he wants to be on the weekend is Costco - it's super crowded and nearly impossible to find parking. We may renew our membership as our family grows, but since I've been able to find some of their items on Amazon and Jet, we may not renew after all.

I also stopped renewing my Amazon Prime membership because I realized we weren't using it enough to justify the cost. I know this isn't the case for every family, but for us in this season, it just made sense to forego the renewal. If I do need to order from Amazon, I usually will make sure my cart contains at least $35 worth of items so I can receive free shipping.

Today, I read about Jet, which I'm planning on using to purchase Kirkland (Costco's brand) toilet paper and trash bags. I can find these items on Amazon as well, but Jet will provide me with a 1.5% discount on my order total if I pay with a debit card. There is also a 15% discount off new orders but I don't think it applies to Kirkland items.

As far as gym memberships go, we have a gym we can use for no additional cost in our apartment complex. Although I do miss the gym from the small town where I used to live in California, I'm thankful for what we have now.

Read the rest of the Stuff We Don't Buy Series Here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment