Monday, April 16, 2012

Made My Monday

Most people HATE Mondays...but not me! I like Monday's because at The Prep school doesn't start until 8:45. It usually starts at 7:30 with the kiddos arriving at 7:00, so on Mondays this means I have about an hour and 45 minutes to get work done without interruption. Here are three things that made my Monday:



A fire drill turned mushy Friday at Dutch Hill Elementary School in Snohomish when Derek Shelton, 27, surprised teacher Kirby Miller, 26, by showing up with flowers and a marriage proposal. When Miller accepted the proposal, the students cheered and clapped.
Photo Credit 
Side Note: This is not The Prep, but this story is somewhat similar.
Who knew fire drill proposals were so popular?

  • The Proposal: At 10:30 we had a "Fire Drill" which was really a "get the whole school outside so Teacher A can propose to Teacher B in front of their work family and students" drill. It was beautiful. I cried. My coworkers cried. Our students cheered. She said, "Yes!" Congrats Jaime and Joey!!!

Photo Credit

  • Answered Prayer: This Summer I might actually have a job. It's 95% certain, I just need the okay from The Headmaster (aka my boss) and we'll be good to go. Along with one of my co-workers, who is absolutely the best, we have been able to come up with a Summer Camp child care program. This means that the parents will have a trustworthy, affordable place to send their kiddos for the summer and that means that myself and some co-workers will be able to work! Myself and my co-worker have been trying to create and run this program since last year and now after much prayer and hard work I have once again been able to see God's faithfulness and provision in my life!


  • Prayer Request Opportunity: My friend Court told me that one of our co-workers and his spouse might come to Bible study with us tomorrow night. I'm really excited because we're starting our marriage series! I'm excited to see how God will work in the life of my co-worker and his spouse whether or not they come and I'm excited to see how God will work in my life as well. Prayers are always appreciated!
What is God doing in your life right now that has you excited? 

Love,
Lolo


"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." 
Ephesians 3:20-21 ESV