Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Stuff We Don't Buy // Part 1


1. Milk & Cereal

I stopped drinking milk a few years ago after learning that there was about 13 grams of sugar per serving. My favorite kind of milk is nonfat so it's not that I was even drinking whole (but I probably could if I wanted to. . . ). Also, milk at the time was about $3-$4 a gallon combined with the price of cereal which is $3-$4 a box, breakfast was not only becoming pricey but really unhealthy.

I decided to cut out both options and began eating Paleo breakfasts. I was still eating this way when my husband and I were married and although we didn't stick to Paleo for every meal, we have been been pretty consistent with eating Paleo when it comes to breakfast. My husband does occasionally buy milk when I make him his favorite chocolate chip cookies but that's maybe 2-3 times a year.

Here are some of my favorite Paleo breakfast options:

- Banana Bread
- Banana Pancakes
- Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Sausage Hash brown Breakfast Casserole (sans milk & cheese)

Paleo breakfasts are SUPER easy - add some fruit or veggies and protein (bacon, eggs, sausage) and you the options are endless.

Again, this may not be for everyone, but it's what works for us in this season.

This is the 1st part in the Stuff We Don't Buy series - click here to read the intro.

0 comments:

Post a Comment