Saturday, March 29, 2014

Baltimore

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here a few to highlight my first business trip (which was also my first trip to the East Coast. . . I don't get out much) that occurred back in November.
I went to Baltimore, Maryland for a conference and was so nervous about flying. I am a firm believer that God created gravity for a reason (so why defy it??).
 Since the trip, I have flown a total of 3 times in my life.
I was grateful for the opportunity since it meant facing my fears but I was also terrified because it meant facing my fears.
I cried 3 times the day before the trip (I really hate flying!) but I was a big girl and survived the flight there and back and have learned once again, that the Lord is faithful and I need to depend on Him.

I purchased this vintage suitcase on eBay just for my trip -
I always feel like I should be singing "I Have Confidence" from The Sound of Music when I use it.
Exiting the airport in Baltimore - You'll never know how happy I was to be off the plane!

Sunrise Day 1





I accidentally stayed on the elevator and went up to the 14th floor
{I didn't realize the hotel had 14 floors}
I had never stayed in such a "fancy" hotel before.
The inner harbor


The USS Constellation


Sunrise Day 2


Shot from inside my hotel room - can you see the reflection?














Wreckage from 9/11




Have accessories, will travel.





I'm not one who cares much for seafood but their calamari strips are amazing!

Inside Phillips


The hotel at night - the purple Vs are lights inside the glass elevators.
It was definitely had a  Charlie Bucket feel. 





The skywalk 


Little Italy

Sabatino's
My colleagues and I were actually supposed to meet some friends
in DC for dinner but the plans changed last minute.
We ended up eating here instead and I "randomly"
ran into my friend Katie from church!

Vaccaro's is the best place to go for dessert in Little Italy.




0 comments:

Post a Comment