Sunday, February 14, 2016

It's A Love Story // Part 1




INTRO

Wow! I can't believe it's been almost 3 years since my husband Derek and I started getting to know each other! If you know us, you know life has been a wild ride of marriage, moving and now parenthood - throw in The Worst Honeymoon of All Time, my first car accident and getting stranded in Waco - we've had quite an interesting first year of marriage. This series kicks off a 5 part series that details our "love story" and will lead up to a special post for our one year anniversary on March 21st (and possibly the birth of our daughter, Adalyne Rose - she's due on the 25th!). 

Derek Tyler, I love you with all my heart and despite my reluctance to participate in a Hallmark Holiday, I couldn't resist the opportunity to share how God has worked in each of us and brought us together for our good and His glory. Our journey has been WILD but worth it and even though it's been challenging, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm excited to see how the Lord will continue to grow us this year. Thank you for choosing me. 

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen." 
Ephesians 3:20-21


HOW WE MET

Summer 2013
Our story begins here when my husband Derek began attending The Gathering, the college ministry at Faith Bible Church in Murrieta. I had been attending FBC for three years and began participating in the college ministry. We don't remember the first time we met, but I can recall Derek talking to me about my blue water bottle when The Gathering attended a baseball game. I had been closed off to getting to know guys after a previous, year long relationship didn't work out and thought to myself, "Why is he talking to me?!" There was also a Friday night where The Gathering met at our friends, the Stead's house, and Derek gave his testimony.
September 13, 2013
Derek sent me a friend request on Facebook so naturally I accepted and stalked his posts and pictures and he did the same to me.  
December 2013
Derek began serving in the high school ministry at Faith Bible Church where I was also serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment