Saturday, April 19, 2014

Morning Stroll Through the Secret Garden

April 18, 2014

Do y'all remember this story from childhood?

I felt like I was there when I went running/walking this morning. 
I have today and Monday off of work and have packed the weekend full of plans with loved ones and while it should be a time to rest and relax I woke up charged and ready to go this morning and busted out my To Do list du jour. 
It seems that my life is dominated by To Do lists and this is of my own doing. 
Deep down inside, I realized, was an anxiety that I had to accomplish so much in a given period of time. 
Maybe I am used to the work environment where performance is a hot commodity. 
This isn't a bad thing but it can be if it becomes the ultimate thing. 
Before I went walking, I read this article which calmed my soul and encouraged me. 
I still wrote out my To Do list and continued my morning as usual. 
I spent time with Jesus and prayed that He would help me be disciplined in exercising. 
Then I realized that since I prayed for discipline in exercise, I would actually have to do it. 
So I did. 
This is the beauty I encountered on my run/walk. 
When I see such beauty, I think to myself, "My savior made this!"
And then I am reminded that in Christ, I am enough because He was the perfect sacrifice for my sins. 
I am not perfect but His death and resurrection mean that when God looks at me, a sinner, He sees the perfection of Christ in my place. 




















0 comments:

Post a Comment