Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sacramento



I was lucky enough to travel to the City of Trees on Wednesday for my 2nd business trip. There's nothing like waking up and leaving for work before Starbucks is open. I wasn't as nervous to fly this time around as I have been reading Trusting God by Jerry Bridges and it has been a great encouragement to my soul. Throughout the flight I was tempted to fear but I had to remember that ultimately God sustains everything and it is under His sovereign control. 
Who am I that He should make more like Himself by allowing me to encounter circumstances that leave me in total reliance upon Him . . .
Leaving San Diego





"Nothing is so small or trivial as to escape the attention of God's sovereign control; nothing is so great as to be beyond His power to control it. The insignificant sparrow cannot fall to the ground withoutHis will; the mighty Roman empire cannot crucify Jesus Christ unless that power is given to it by God (see Matthew 10:29; John 19:10-11). And what is true for the sparrow and for Jesus is true for you and me. No detail of your life is too insignificant for your heavenly Father's attention; no circumstance is so big that He cannot control it."
Jerry Bridges
Flying above the Pacific Ocean
"Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds."
Psalm 36:5

Looking up in the Capitol 









The California State Capitol
(It's way bigger than the White House - who knew?) 
This was my workspace for the afternoon.



The Crocker Art Museum
This was my first time at an art museum 



A painting by Renoir.
Inside the original Crocker mansion which is not part of the museum.










This "tree" was inside the Sacramento airport and was starting to light up as the sun went down. 
This was the most amazing view ever! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment