Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tune in Tuesday


1. We Owned the Night. So I may have caved in and bought the entire new Lady A album after listening to it on Spotify. . . like I said, I'll never tell. I like this song because the music is captivating and since I'm a hopeless romantic, I like the love story in the lyrics (minus the ". . . we woke under a blanket all tangled up in skin not knowing in that moment we'd never speak again . . . not exactly the type of relationship I'm into).


2. Angel/Better Together by Jack Johnson. This album seriously has me considering whether or not Jack secretly went to culinary school before becoming a musician because his medleys on this album are perfectly blended (can you refer to Jack Johnson and a medley in the same sentence?). "Umm let's see...I'll add some acoustic guitar, a  cute little love song, oh... one smooth transition and another adorable song."  These songs are adorbs and when I listen to them it makes me think that he must have written them for his wife. 
(Okay ladies all together now, "Aaaaawwwwww"). 
Seriously. 
So cute.


3. Eyes Open by Taylor Swift. I. Love. This. Song. I saw The Hunger Games yesterday and started reading the book last night. I love that the main character Katniss is not a wimp. She is not a damsel in distress. She is a leader. She is strong. She is feminine. She fights for her family. She is willing to give up her life for those she loves. This song was written with that character in mind and it is about staying focused and overcoming obstacles. Best of all, it's by T Sweezy. What more could we ask for?


Love,
Lolo





0 comments:

Post a Comment