Sunday, February 19, 2012

Good & Lovely


  I first learned about Good & Lovely from my favorite blogger. At first I did not see the point of trying out a sample system that was created to help women during *ahem* a certain time of the month. I reluctantly decided that I would try it once with the intention of canceling if I didn't like it. I really wanted to sign up with Birch Box, but since they were full, I joined their waiting list and signed up with G & L in the meantime. I have to say I was am pleasantly surprised and plan on continuing my monthly subscription. Here's what came in my package, which by the way was supposed to arrive on the 20th but arrived on the 18th (now that's what I call decent customer service!):  

                                                 

 






The little purple card says, "A lovely thought to ponder..." With the quote, "Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." Belva Davis.
My card with the French words on the front was handwritten (maybe it's an emotional appeal to keep customers, but I liked the personal touch). Finally, the contents of the box included a chocolate bar (at 381 calories I'm saving for when I NEED chocolate - yes, sometimes it is a need). I also received PMS Relief Bath Soak with earth minerals by Sinclair & Valentine, Wild Rose Body Oil by Weleda and a Moroccan Mud Spa Bar handmade natural aromatherapy soap by Pirouette. The best part about this service is that part of my payment provides feminine care for women in need! The best gifts are those that give back.
Love,
Lolo

P.S. Two days ago Birch Box sent me an e-mail and I was able to sign up with them after all! Yay!