Sunday, January 8, 2012

For My Dad On His Birthday


shot_1326064928238.jpg

Dear Dad,
     First of all Happy Birthday! You're turning 35!!!! (Again). Thank you for all you have done for me and our family. Ever since I was little you have taught me to put God first and without you raising me to know about Jesus, I don't know where I would be today! Thank you for setting a good example for myself and my sisters as to what a Godly husband and father looks like. I'm going to have a really hard time finding a husband because I don't know too many guys who are as awesome as you!


shot_1326065090149.jpg
Presents...or as we say in my family, "Prezzies!"
Thank you for encouraging me to do my best and to go to college. I know there were times that I became emotional and cried and told you and mom that I was NOT going back to school. I am so grateful that I went back and completed my degree. Thank you for loving me unconditionally. Thank you for being loving, forgiving and accepting even when it was difficult. I know that when I first started dating I told you and mom that I could date whoever I wanted and that you could give me insight, but ultimately it was my decision. Well, this is a big shock, but at twenty years old I was wrong, naive and foolish. Thank you for being patient with me and allowing me to learn on my own even when I was unsubmissive.

shot_1326065166535.jpg 
Thank you for always being there for me and cheering me up when I'm sad. I love your sense of humor. I love that you have to put up with all (5) of us females and you are the only dude in the house, but somehow you manage to do it AND maintain your sanity (that's quite a feat if you ask me). I love that I can see you in me...in my stubbornness, and OCD/Type A personality. I appreciate that whenever I need something, you are willing to stop whatever you are doing and you sacrifice your time (and sometimes money) for me. You don't do it because you have to but because you love me and you want to. I appreciate the many sacrifices you make for our family every. single. day. Dad I appreciate you in more ways than you'll ever know. Sometimes I think that I'm ready to grow up and move out and start my own life, but the truth is I know I'll miss you and mom terribly and when I think about that, I know I must cherish the time that I have to spend with you now. I am so grateful that God chose you to be my dad because when I see how you take care of me and our family, it makes me think of how great my Heavenly Daddy is. I know you had a great birthday today (especially since my future husband Tim Tebow threw the winning pass to the guy that made the touchdown in the Broncos vs. Steelers game...it's called a pass right?), so here's to many more.
Love,
Lolo


Say, "Queso"! Mi y mi padre at a Mexican restaurant.


Getting a li'l crazy during picture time...now y'all know where I get my silliness from!