Monday, January 9, 2012

My First Day Back At Work

sticky quips the office sticky quips on the office
"I like to use Sticky Quips when I'm in a fun mood...not every day."
Well after a nice two and half weeks off from work, today was my first day back. I have been working as a school secretary since October and so far I really enjoy it. I absolutely love my students (even though they drive me crazy sometimes) and my clients are pretty great too (especially when they're not asking me if I'm a student). I also have AMAZING co-workers who are like a second family to me. . .and these are all great things. But, one of my favorite parts of the job is that I can relate to The Office. For example, I am blonde...so I sometimes have moments like these.


Since I work at a school, I too had to become CPR certified and learn the techniques demonstrated here.


And sometimes I have really crazy days.

I am certainly grateful for my job and extremely blessed to be working at a lovely place with such caring people. I began my current position as a sub and when the time drew near for me to return to my regular position, I was somewhat sad. I had enjoyed my time working in the office and was going to miss it greatly. I prayed and said, "God I know this isn't going to happen, but if it's possible, sometime in the future, I'd really like to work here in the office". Well for God sometime in the future meant the following week. A few days after my pitiful prayer my boss asked me to come see him in his office. I thought he was going to give me sad news about a student, so I braced myself. Instead he told me one of the secretaries would be moving and he offered me her position. With God all things ARE possible. I was not very hopeful in my prayer, yet in His grace He decided to grant my desire anyway. 
"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." 
Ephesians 3:20-21 ESV

Love,
Lolo