Thursday, March 28, 2013

Apartment Living

Intro. - What I've Learned So Far While Living On My Own






So I've been living in my apartment for 4 months now and there are not enough words to describe how much of a blessing this little {temporary} home has been to me. I never expected that moving out of my parent's house would have been a possibility before I turned 24 but I have come to learn that with God, all things truly are possible. Being a Type A personality, my plan for my life meant saving up for a down payment for a condo or a house. When difficult circumstances arose in my family, I knew I had to move out as soon as I could and though I moved in the midst of heartbreak, I am so grateful that the Lord has been my faithful provider and allows me to live here, in apartment 710 at the beautiful Plex (the term I lovingly use to refer to the complex where I live). I am grateful for the lessons I've been able to learn while living here and although this period of life has it's uncertainties, I wouldn't trade it for anything else. 

The Lord has taught me that He is for me, He is faithful and He is good.

 Not having my immediate family around or a husband to care for me, I have had to fall into the arms of Jesus and learn to trust Him as He leads me and my heart knows that His grace is sufficient for me and His power is made perfect in weakness. There are many times that I stop and think about how crazy it is that I actually have the opportunity to live in this cute little apartment and while my heart wants to be sad knowing that it won't last forever, I have chosen to find joy in the blessings of this season of life.
Join me for the next four weeks as I share some of the most valuable lessons I've learned while living at The Plex. 


What was the most important lesson you learned while living on your own for the first time?

Comment below or join the conversation here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment