Tuesday, July 10, 2012

30 Day Challenge:Day 1

Lately I have found myself having to confess and repent of being discontent with my life and of idolizing myself and trying to be in control of my life. This is not something I'm proud of and in addition to working on memorizing Philippians 4:11-13, I've also decided to take the 30 Day Challenge:Growing in Gratitude created by Nancy Leigh DeMoss of Revive Our Hearts Ministries. The podcasts of her series on being discontent and cultivating a heart of contentment can be found here. These are great, Gospel centered discussions that are truth filled and provoking. Another series also available from Revive Our Hearts is Practical Counsel On Singleness by Carolyn McCulley who wrote Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye? Since I had a nine hour car ride today, I had time to think, pray, read Scripture and listen to the wisdom Carolyn offers in this recent series. There are two thoughts that have been running through my mind today: 1. "Why is that I have what I don't want and want what I don't have?" and 2. "Why do I think that once I get what I want that I will be content?" As I started the 30 day challenge of cultivating a heart of gratitude and contentment, I was grateful to see the Lord at work in me. What I've been learning today is that Jesus is my portion and He is more than enough for me.
There were a few times today that I wanted to gripe about my circumstances.


I was frustrated when my shampoo leaked in my suitcase and spilled all over my Bible, but instead of getting angry, I considered how blessed I am to have a Bible, and that if my Bible really is destroyed at least I have the ability to purchase a new one and if that can't happen right away, at least I have 3 apps on my iPhone that have the Bible (yeah, life is really rough). As my mom always says, "If that's your biggest problem, you're not doing too bad."


Love,
Lolo




P.S. I was really grateful for this sandwich!

0 comments:

Post a Comment