Thursday, July 12, 2012

30 Day Challenge: Day 3 My Testimony Part 1

Today's challenge is to share my testimony in a progression similar to the one in Psalm 107. In this manner, I will share my story with you describing in detail what my life was like before Christ saved me, how He drew me to Himself and how my life has changed since He saved me. I am what most people would refer to as a church kid, meaning I have been in church my whole life. I am so grateful to my grandmother Jeri Lane Londot for raising her kids to know about Jesus and for brining them to church. My dad was one of her kids and he accepted the Lord as His savior and eventually led my mom to Him as well, which is why my parents knew how important it was for me to attend church to see what the body of believers looks like and to gain an understanding of salvation, so that I too might one day know Jesus as my Lord and Savior. As a young girl, (probably around age 5 or 6) I participated in a Bible club at my church. Our teacher Mrs. Heiden would teach about the Word and what it meant to follow Jesus. I don't remember too many details about Bible club since it was many years ago, but I do remember that I loved going. I also remember that Christ drew me to Himself one night as my mother explained salvation to me. Again, this was long ago and I don't remember too many details, but I do remember that I gave my life to Jesus and was baptized a few laters (I was around 8 or 9 years of age). Since I was a young believer (and child) I was very immature. If you knew me in school (and know me today) I was the goody-goody or good girl. I obeyed my teachers, got good grades and avoided getting in trouble at all costs. Initially this was to make myself look good and as Christ changed me, I wanted to obey Him out of love for Him saving me, and I wanted to make Him look good. I went to elementary school from Kindergarten-4th grade and then I was home schooled for five years. I learned much while being home schooled and am grateful for the experience although it did leave me sheltered and unprepared to deal with my peers when my parents decided to put me in a private school for my high school years. I was completely unwilling to attend "regular" school and was very upset that my parents would be so "mean". Although the high school I went to only had about 80 student (huge right?) I broke out with rashes on my arms the first week because I was so nervous! (I even had my mom walk me to my locker on my first day of high school!). Over time it turned out that my parents actually did know best (shocker) and I really grew during my high school years. I also attended a Bible study at which I learned to set aside time each day to spend in the Word. Since not everyone at my school was a Christian, I had to learn to stand up for what was right even though it meant I would not make many friends (which in high school is a BIG sacrifice). Upon graduation, I was grateful for how the Lord had worked in my life in high school and that those four years were finally behind me. I was nervous to start the next chapter of my life which for me would include college and little did I know, my first dating relationship. . . to be continued.


0 comments:

Post a Comment