Saturday, December 11, 2010

Life Is A Risk Worth Taking

"The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live."

Leo F. Buscaglia


When life is good, write. When life is bad, write. When life hurts, write. When life heals, write. . .

Tonight I received a small opportunity. One that if taken could have major consequences, many positive, a few negative. Let me tell you, "I. Am. Simply. Terrified!" And ecstatic. I am terrified because I have had many opportunities in the past few years that have ended in complete heartbreak. I have only had a few that have not left me empty and broken. My sister asked me, "What is life without risks?" While she is only 19 and we are complete opposites, I love my sister for this innocence, something rarely expressed by 19 year old girls. It somewhat reminds me of being 19. I had not taken many risks at 19 and that left me safe, whole and fearful...fearful of life, people and potential circumstances...I'm older now and only infinitesimally wiser (it's not an age thing - trust me!). Since I have taken risks I have had much joy, success, hurt and brokenness and I have learned how to appreciate what it means to be healed and whole.

I love my lungs. Most people don't really think too much about their lungs other than they have them and that they function by providing us with the ability to breathe which in turn keeps us alive. In May I had bronchitis. . .I had it bad. I had to be on 5 different medications for 15 days, a horrid assortment of pills, cough syrups and an inhaler, all followed by nasty side effects. Five months later I drove myself to Urgent Care only to find that I had bronchitis. . .again. I remember these times because they were especially painful and extremely annoying. I don't remember every single day of health with as much detail as the days of sickness, but I now have a greater appreciation for my health and for good times as well as bad ones.

I do not know what my future holds and I'm scared, but I'm also excited because my heavenly Daddy has a plan for my life that is going to rock my world and it is greater that anything I could have imagined. So I will step out of my comfort zone and step up into being the woman He has called me to be knowing that my worst circumstances are used for my good and His glory. So in actuality I never have had or will have any horrible circumstances, just opportunities. Opportunities to learn and to grow and to glorify Him.
Love,
Lolo







"When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future."
Ecclesiastes 7:14

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
Ephesians 3:20-21