Saturday, February 25, 2012

(Eternal) Perspective

Dear Jesus,
    Please forgive me for the excessive over thinking worrying that I've been doing lately. I worry because I don't know what my future holds. I finally finished school...but now what? I don't know if I will get married or stay single. I'm trying to save up for a down payment while paying off student loans. I don't even know if I will have work over the Summer. I have deadlines quickly approaching at work with more deadlines looming in the not so distant future. I have clients that get mad at me because I'm not perfect. I don't rest enough and then I worry because I'm not resting enough. I focus on what I don't have and don't know and then become discontent. James 4: 1-4 describes my heart as of late: "What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God," (ESV). It is only through Your Holy Spirit in me that I can be still and know that You are God! Please help me to come to You so that I may receive rest. Please be my source of peace. Thank you for choosing me to be Your daughter and loving me despite my worry and lack of faith. I have to keep asking myself, "When has God not been faithful to you?" And I cannot provide an example because there isn't one. You have always been and always will be faithful to Your children. Thank you for giving me the grace to recognize this and please help me maintain an eternal perspective.
Love, Your daugher,
Lolo